Back to list
This job's application deadline has expired.
The Extrusion Operator responsibilities include, but are not limited to, set up and operating the Extrusion Line to produce coated roll stock, resin blending equipment, efficiently completing order changes, shutdowns in accordance with production schedule and in compliance with customer specifications.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Complies with all safety guidelines, safe work practices and PPE requirements without exception in compliance with Curwood safety mission and philosophy.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all employees, contractors, customers and visitors without exception.
- Willing to work a continuous operations schedule on twelve (12) or eight (8) hour shift configuration while maintaining regular and reliable attendance.
- Demonstrated working knowledge and understanding of product/ job specifications in SMS to complete accurate resin blend(s), color specifications, cores, primers, to meet product specifications.
- Complies with 5S plant housekeeping standards, including specific Extrusion department requirements; cleans dies and die lips in accordance with prescribed schedule, cleans machine subassemblies and components, sweeps floor, sorts recyclables, empties garbage, and maintains a safe clean work area.
- Maintain GFSI established standards in department.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of procedures to enter machine adjustments
- Accurately sets up and operates Extrusion Line machine.
- Completes 5S and daily work area cleanup assignments, startups, order changes and or shutdowns as scheduled.
- Loads rolls of stock material onto unwind station of the extrusion coater/laminator using an overhead hoist system. Able to operate pallet jacks, overhead hoists, or other mobile material handling equipment.
- Removes rolls of finished material from the rewind section of the extrusion coater/laminator using an overhead hoist system.
- Prepares finished product and other materials for shipment and/or storage accurately returning materials to inventory.
- Successfully completes Fork Lift Operator Certification Training
- Safely operates material handling equipment and or lift trucks in compliance with established power lift truck rules and guidelines. Starts machine and observes operation to detect required adjustments or corrections and/or machine malfunctions.
- Stops machine and reports malfunctions to supervisor as needed.
- Makes minor adjustments such as adjusting edge guides, color concentrates, resin blends, web width adjustments, and required machine adjustments.
- Inspects film per testing methods and for defects to ensure that product is manufactured in accordance with customer specifications
- Accurately report shift production and labeling rolls.
- Perform quality testing and ensure product is within customer specifications.
Complies with all 5S, WCOM and Curwood's good manufacturing practices without exception. All other duties as assigned.