This job's application deadline has expired.
Bemis Company is a major supplier of flexible packaging and pressure sensitive materials used by leading food, consumer products, healthcare, and other companies worldwide. Founded in 1858, the Company is included in the S&P 500 index of stocks and reported 2012 net sales of $5.1 billion.
The Company's flexible packaging business has a strong technical base in polymer chemistry, film extrusion, coating and laminating, printing, and converting. Headquartered in Neenah, Wisconsin, Bemis employs nearly 20,000 individuals worldwide. More information about the Company is available at our website, www.bemis.com.
To assist Manufacturing at the plant location for color management, job charging, and coordinate and expedite fluid materials. Also, coordinate the reclamation and removal of hazardous waste.
This is a second level Fluids Services Specialist role, which may perform duties that are more complex in nature and provide guidance to lower level Fluids Services Specialist's.
- Participates in all plant safety programs.
- Facilitates fluid material charges for all orders, verifies accuracy, and makes corrections if necessary.
- Requires strong knowledge of product, component and material identities, manufacturing procedures and related inventory levels.
- Helps to facilitates color drawdowns for Graphics and ink formulation for Manufacturing to facilitate / manage customer color requirements.
- Developing formulations for re-assigned ink inventory to assure maximum usage and inventory control.
- Assist production to maintain and or/reduce color match on press.
- Facilitates and enforces all of the company policies and procedures as they are outlined and defined.
- Assist in coordination of shipments of hazardous waste with approved hazardous waste carrier.
- Build new designs and inputs new materials into ink dispensing system
- Work with Supply Chain on managing ink inventory
- Provides training to production associates in color management and matching
- Enforce / Manage 6S & Environmental Standards
- Maintains correlation of K-Proofer plates to aniloxes to insure accuracy of standards
- Update computerized ink system for new & modified formulas
- Promotes and or participates in high performance work teams throughout the organization in accordance with World Class Operations Management initiatives and promotes department participation.
- While there is no direct responsibility for major assets or operations in this position, a considerable impact can be made on production, efficiency, and waste through effective color management and inventory control.
- Associate degree in a technical area or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in color management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to perceive or recognize minute similarities or differences in colors, hues and shades of the same color. Must be able to match colors accurately.
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office and Ink dispensing systems)
- Strong knowledge of products and manufacturing processes
- This position requires an employee to stand, walk, and sit; carry moderate loads and work at a computer extended periods of time.
- Frequent exposure to a manufacturing environment is also required.
- Passing a color blindness test is necessary.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer