This job's application deadline has expired.
This position is responsible for deploying, implementing and leading Continuous Improvement initiatives and facilitating World Class Operations Management methodologies for the plant. The incumbent is a member of the plant leadership team and will be assigned additional responsibilities in other functional areas as required to deliver the plant's annual operating plan.
1. Facilitate deployment and integrate the philosophy of WCOM initiatives into the culture of the Plant
2. Lead project selection process and drive policy deployment so that all employees have a clear understanding of goals and objectives for a successful year.
3. Identify the highest value cost savings projects and coordinates the various project teams assigned to insure proper resourcing to drive completion of these projects.
4. As a member of the plant leadership team, also involved in daily production and operations issues to insure that we produce a quality product, deliver against our committed customer service goals, and optimize efficiency/productivity.
5. Be recognized as a leader and problem solver at the site by providing leadership and expertise that will solve problems and improve performance.
6. Motivate, coach and instill good management skills in engineers, shift supervisors and hourly employees. Establish a strong presence on the floor to set and communicate expectations, standards, and evaluate results so all employees understand expectations.
7. Initiate and lead employee training to further instill the continuous improvement skill set in the organization. Develop new processes and programs as needed and where gaps exist.
8. Lead major projects as necessary to improve plant results.
9. Be able to extract useful data from a variety of systems to facilitate identification of improvement opportunities.
10. Coordinates the work necessary to improve our overall Continuous Improvement results as measured by regularly scheduled audits.
11. Assist in generating reporting tools and progress reporting for assigned business area.
12. Facilitate a process of best practice sharing internally within the plant as well as externally with peers and other facilities.
13. Management of communication process to present the status of plant improvement projects.
1. 5+ years of operations management experience.
2. Bachelor's degree is required. Prefer a major in a technical background such as engineering or industrial technology.
3. Black Belt and/or Lean Six Sigma certification preferred. (or complete within 2 years)
4. Experience in and knowledge of the flexible packaging industry preferred.
1. Ability to drive change and overcome obstacles.
2. Demonstrated ability to absorb new technologies and management techniques.
3. Utilize an approachable and participative style in motivating people to achieve higher standards and performance levels.
4. Possess qualities of self-motivation, confidence, organization, tact, persistence, common sense and a high energy level.
5. Ability to quantify results, identify new opportunities, adapt to change, and interface with all levels of management on a continual basis.
6. Experience implementing lean principles or other continuous improvement methodologies preferred.