Maintenance Services Manager
Back to list
This job's application deadline has expired.
Supervises maintenance department personnel. All elements of supervision are performed including selection, wage administration, discipline, recognition, training, performance evaluations.
- 2. Prepares department annual budget and manages expenses of department within budget.
- 3. Prepares plant capital budget requests for following year's capital projects.
- 4. Prepares all paperwork to initiate capital projects which includes engineering requests, engineering estimates, account no.'s., authorization for capital expenditures (ACE) and capital project requests and sends them to the corporate office for approval.
- 5. Assists in the specifications for production equipment and the selection, purchase, and installation of the equipment into the plant.
- 6. Responsible for following capital projects from initial idea through implementation into the plant and prepares close out paperwork when required.
- 7. Maintains capital project cost tracking and reporting monthly expenditures to the corporate office.
- 8. Keeps maintenance department on track with weekly scheduling meetings and monthly department meetings.
- 9. Implements Lockout/Tagout policy and procedures.
- 10. Manages the PM program according to ISO and AIB standards.
- 11. Maintains efficient, accurate and timely records and reports relating to all projects and equipment within the plant.
- 12. Evaluates maintenance personnel and arranges training for them based on requirements for the position. Hires new maintenance personnel based on experience and education and evaluates their progress as their evaluation periods come up.
- 13. Reviews and signs all invoices and purchase orders for the maintenance department and project work.
- 14. Develops and follows project schedules for implementing equipment into the plant.
- 15. Contributes to plant leadership from "business partner" perspective often weighing in on decisions which impact plant plant KPI metrics, policy, safety, cost-reduction efforts, discipline, initiatives in the plant, etc.
- 16. Leader of PM Pillar within Solving Efeso model of World Class Operations Management that helps promote this as "the way" we are forging ahead provide direction on addressing "losses" within the scope of the pillar.
- 17. Involved in Food Defense and Site Security measures and involvement in projects pertaining to the site.
- Involved and participative in preparation for and actual presentation, tours, etc for Bemis Executive Team visits, Customer Visits, benchmarking with other facilities, etc
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or closely related field or equivalent years of experience
- 7-10 years related Maintenance & Engineering experience
- Must have considerable communication skills - both oral and written - to successfully interact with manufacturing, suppliers, and engineering.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills to handle multiple projects at once.
- Willingness to work long and unusual hours, including weekends, often in an emergency situation.
- In depth knowledge of plastics equipment and processes.
- Ability to use MSOffice, Microsoft project, and Autocad.
- Must possess engineering background with knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Must have good supervisory skills to lead projects and department.
- Ability to develop concise summaries and presentations (PowerPoint, etc) with goal of communicating to our floor team, Leadership group, or customers.