This job's application deadline has expired.
Bemis Company is a global manufacturer of flexible packaging with 2014 net sales from continuing operations of $4.3 billion. The company"s leadership position rests on its strong technical foundation in polymer chemistry, film extrusion, coating and laminating, printing and converting. Focused growth and accelerated innovation are key corporate strategies. Material science continues to be the primary instrument for creating sustainable competitive advantage. As the company"s technologies have grown more complex, Bemis continues to penetrate new markets by bringing together unique capabilities to meet customer needs. Innovations in barrier films, package constructions, and packaging machinery are continuously evolving to meet the ever-changing demands of the modern world.
Bemis is headquartered in Neenah, Wisconsin and employs approximately 17,000 people in 60 manufacturing facilities in 11 countries around the world. More information about the Company is available at our website, www.bemis.com.
Oversee Human Resource functions for Supply Chain and Operations - Bemis North America Divisional Headquarters. This includes oversight of hourly and salaried employees. Provides strategic direction and change management support to empower and solve business needs in the areas of talent, culture, and operational excellence.
- Acts as a safety leader and puts safety first in all responsibilities
- Supports WCOM initiatives and leads T&E pillar
- Promotes and supports Bemis health and wellness initiatives
- Accountable for accurate data entry, understanding current Workday processes, and partnering with business leaders to ensure data integrity
- Handles all types of employee inquiries and issues
- Ensures delivery of annual trainings such as union avoidance, anti-harassment, core values, etc.
- Handles escalated employee inquiries and issues
- Provides guidance to leaders regarding employee matters to include performance coaching, Performance Improvement Plans, Individual Development Plans, Human Capital Plans, succession planning, salary planning, etc.
- Provides guidance on workforce planning which may include organizational re-design work, facilitation of a Talent Review/Selection process, job description creation and analysis, promotions, etc.
- Conducts employee investigations, discipline, termination, etc.
- Partners and collaborates with business leaders and serves as a member of the leadership team
- Responsible for project management of various initiatives, and may serves as a team/project leader in company-wide projects generated from Business Partners and the Corporate HR function
- Partners with the HR COE and Shared Services to ensure alignment with the needs of the business in the creation and delivery of HR programs
- Acts as the primary liaison between employees, union (if applicable), and management. Provides union avoidance training.
- Bachelor"s degree in Business, HR, or related field
- 3-5 years of Human Resource experience; experience leading and developing professionals; PHR desired
- Previous project management skills required
- Protects employee data and handles all information with integrity and confidentiality
- Build, inspire, and lead teams/individuals in alignment with the overall Human Capital Strategy
- Ensures we are hiring, developing, and retaining our best people
- Support HR Service Delivery Model and encourage employees to leverage the model
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise - best practice sharing
- Drive consistency and sustainability with initiatives throughout the operation
- Assist in the development of a world class organization and demonstrated leadership in building Bemis culture.
- Successfully achieve milestone targets for HR roadmap
- Institutionalize the performance management process and demonstrate differentiation in rewards.
- Foster change leadership.
- Clear understanding of Bemis" Global Total Rewards Strategy
- Working knowledge of HR Systems
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to challenge the status quo through collaboration and influence
- Change & thought leadership
- Strong communication skills
- Results oriented and execution skills
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disability and Vet Employer