This job's application deadline has expired.
Bemis Company is a major supplier of flexible packaging and pressure sensitive materials used by leading food, consumer products, healthcare, and other companies worldwide. Founded in 1858, the Company is included in the S&P 500 index of stocks and with 2013 net sales of $5.0 billion, Bemis operates 67 facilities in 11 countries. Over two-thirds of Bemis packaging is used in the food industry, with the balance used in markets including medical, pharmaceutical, chemical and agribusiness. Our pressure sensitive products are used in industries including graphic arts, digital imaging, assembly engineering, communications and medical. Headquartered in Neenah, Wisconsin, Bemis employs nearly 19,000 individuals worldwide. More information about the Company is available at our website, http://www.bemis.com/
This individual develops, implements and maintains a unified document control system (policies, forms, procedures) throughout the division in a manner that promotes the efficient operation of all departments. In addition this individual provides division-wide support within Food Safety and Quality Systems initiatives, to assure a high quality product at a value that meets or exceeds our customer's requirements.
- Puts safety first in all responsibilities including awareness and adherence to all corporate and site environmental, health, and safety policies.
- Develops, implements and maintains a BNA corporate quality document control system (policies, forms, procedures).
- Establishes and maintains a document structure/numbering scheme and approval requirements for the BNA corporate quality document control system.
- Establishes and maintains a division-wide metrics document structure/numbering scheme and approval requirement process for the BNA corporate quality document control system
- Reviews the effectiveness of the BNA corporate quality document control system.
- Establishes division-wide metrics/report compliance for BNA quality systems audits on a scheduled basis. Provide guidance in addressing low performing areas.
- Establishes division-wide metrics/report compliance on a scheduled basis for identified quality system programs. Provide guidance in addressing low performing areas.
- Provides training on the document control system and identified quality system areas.
- Develops, implements and maintains quality documentation storage and/or routing systems.
- Assists plants with document preparation and/or audit-day support, when requested, for customer and 3rd party audits.
- Supports the division's food safety (FSSC 22000, HACCP, IMS), quality system, and customer initiatives. Acquire knowledge in recommended areas through training.
- Performs GMP (good manufacturing practices) audits, quality system internal audits, when requested, at a divisional or plant-level. Report findings per required formats.
- Identifies and leverages best practices through company-wide benchmarking. Supports implementation of these opportunities.
- Performs site coordinator tasks for the BNA corporate quality Sharepoint site.
- Administers customer documentation requests including completion of self-assessments, verification of certifications, letter of guarantees, etc. Consults with legal and regulatory as required.
- Compiles and generates key monthly quality reports which reflect claims metrics such as claims as a percent of sales; frequency, severity and response time for all division facilities.
- Assists in the administration of various external systems / forms as requested by specific customers including ICIX and other customer specific complaint databases.
- Acts as a backup to other Quality Admin staff as required.
- A Bachelor's Degree in business, quality or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in quality or related work in a manufacturing environment (flexible packaging preferred).
- Lean Six Sigma training or willingness to obtain such upon acceptance of this role.
- Continuation education and seminars in quality and documentation systems.
- Good demonstrated understanding of quality standards and procedures.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated time and project management skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft and SharePoint computer software.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disability and Vet Employer