Back to list
This job's application deadline has expired.
Task 1: Roll Prep
- * Bring new pallet of rolls from the warehouse to the swivel table or roller tables utilizing a hi-low/Industrial Forklift. Swivel table is 20" high and measures 48"x48." Pallet holds 2 horizontal rolls. Rolls on the table are 36" to center and 49" to the top of the roll. (Roll weight varies 300-550 pounds.)
- * Pull roll shaft and old core off of the bag machine and place on top of the rolls on the table.
- * Pull roll shaft out of the old core and place the roll shaft inside core of the new roll. Helper will lift and carry the shaft approximately 3-5 feet. (Roll shaft with core weighs approximately 39 pounds.)
- * Tighten up core chucks using an Allen Wrench.
- * Place hoist strap on shaft.
- * Use automatic hoist to load roll onto the bag machine.
- * Swivel table requires 20 pounds of force to push on each side with 2 rolls.
- * Stack cores from the finished rolls in box for recycling
Task 2: Load Machine
- * Wrap nylon sling over each end of the shaft. Then hook sling onto the hoist and push button to lift roll up.
- * Guide the roll to the bag machine while roll is on the hoist. (Hoist may require to be pulled with little- to- no resistance.)
- * Set roll into place on bag machine.
- * Record roll weight from the roll label onto the appropriate paper.
Task 3: Gather Supplies
- * Inspect Bag Machine Operator's work area to determine what supplies will need to be replenished.
- * Gather box supplies. (Box supplies are up to 87" high and weigh 28-32 pounds. Dimensions: 16"x12.5"x5.")
- * Use carts to bring supplies as close to the machine as possible. Then carry box of rubber washers to Bag Machine, which weighs 60 lbs.
- * Bring boxes to bag machines using hand-operated carts, a High-lo machine, or pallet-jack. Transportation could be up to 800 feet.
- * Gather chip-board and wickets to bring to the Bag Operator. Transportation could be up to 300 feet, weighing approximately 5 lbs.
- * Unstack pallets with resin cradle on them from the swivel tables and roller tables. (Weighs approximately 15-20 lbs.)
- * Remove excess plastic and place in waste bin.
Task 4: General Housekeeping
- * Keep area clean - sweep up, remove debris.
- * Remove barrels from each machine and take them to the waste dumping station. (Barrels are on a dolly and when the lock mechanism is opened, the barrel is free rolling. Employee walks approximately 50-70 feet to weigh station.)
- o Weigh the barrel on the scale and record the waste on the computer
- o Then place the barrel in the dumping sled and lock into place.
- o Raise barrel and lower barrel to dump the waste using the control buttons to perform this action.
- o Return barrel to bag machine location.
Task 5: Completed Jobs
- * Return completed order forms to the basket located in front of the Converting Dept Office.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Previous manufacturing experience preferred, but not required.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to work with and interact effectively and professionally with coworkers in a team environment.
- Good math skills.
- Must be able to read, understand and stay current with all department work instructions and procedures.
- Good organizational skills