This job's application deadline has expired.
Bemis Company is a major supplier of flexible packaging and pressure sensitive materials used by leading food, consumer products, healthcare, and other companies worldwide. Founded in 1858, the Company is included in the S&P 500 index of stocks and with 2013 net sales of $5.0 billion, Bemis operates 67 facilities in 11 countries. Over two-thirds of Bemis packaging is used in the food industry, with the balance used in markets including medical, pharmaceutical, chemical and agribusiness. Our pressure sensitive products are used in industries including graphic arts, digital imaging, assembly engineering, communications and medical. Headquartered in Neenah, Wisconsin, Bemis employs nearly 19,000 individuals worldwide. More information about the Company is available at our website, http://www.bemis.com/
This position is responsible for deploying, training, and implementing of World Class Operations Management (WCOM), and World Class Manufacturing (WCM) methodologies for Bemis North America.
- Acts as a safety leader and puts safety first in all responsibilities.
- Training of WCOM and specifically WCM, for the Bemis Performance Packaging facilities. Facilitate deployment and integrate the philosophy of WCOM initiatives into the culture of the business.
- Lead project selection process and drive policy deployment so that all employees have a clear understanding of goals and objectives for a successful year.
- Identify the highest value cost savings projects and coordinates the various project teams assigned to ensure proper resourcing to drive completion of these projects.
- Supports production and operations to ensure production of a quality product, deliver against our committed customer service goals, and optimize efficiency/productivity.
- Acts as a leader and problem solver by providing leadership and expertise that will solve problems and improve performance.
- Motivates, coaches and instills good management skills in all employees engaged in the WCOM learning process. Establishes a strong presence on the manufacturing floor to set and communicate expectations, standards, and evaluate results so all employees understand expectations.
- Initiates and leads employee training to further instill the continuous improvement skill set in the organization. Develops new processes and programs as needed and where gaps exist.
- Leads major projects as necessary to improve business results.
- Extracts useful data from a variety of systems to facilitate identification of improvement opportunities.
- Coordinates the work necessary to improve our overall WCOM results as measured by regularly scheduled audits.
- Assists in establishment metrics, generating reporting tools and progress reporting for WCOM.
- Facilitates a process of best practice sharing internally within Bemis Performance Packaging as well as externally with peers and other business units.
- Manages the communication process to present the status of WCOM implementation.
- A minimum 5-7 years experience in operations, manufacturing, process improvement or a related area.
- A bachelors degree in engineering, quality or business or a related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Six Sigma Certification at the Black Belt level, or a willingness to obtain such certification upon acceptance of this role.
- 3-5 years experience working with lean principles or other continuous improvement methodologies, preferably in a leadership role.
- Knowledge of the flexible packaging industry preferred.
- Demonstrated strong presentation skills.
- Ability to drive change and overcome obstacles
- Demonstrated ability to absorb new technologies and management techniques
- Utilize an approachable and participative style in motivating people to achieve higher standards and performance levels
- Ability to quantify results, identify new opportunities, adapt to change, and interface with all levels of management on a continual basis.
- Possesses qualities of self-motivation, confidence, organization, tact, persistence, common sense and a high energy level
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disability and Vet Employer