This job's application deadline has expired.
Bemis Company, Inc. ("Bemis" or the "Company") is a major supplier of flexible packaging used by leading food, consumer products, healthcare, and other companies worldwide. Founded in 1858, Bemis reported 2014 net sales from continuing operations of $4.3 billion. Bemis has a strong technical base in polymer chemistry, film extrusion, coating and laminating, printing, and converting. Headquartered in Neenah, Wisconsin, Bemis employs approximately 17,000 individuals worldwide. More information about Bemis is available at our website, www.bemis.com.
Support achievement of Long Range and Annual Business Plan by directing product marketing activities that support strategic profitable growth. The role will have product pricing, product portfolio management, and sales support responsibility for their assigned Market.
- Develops and monitors a business plan for assigned product(s) in coordination with appropriate Sales, R&D, and Supply Chain representatives
- Determines appropriate market price and margin levels and communicates with sales personnel
- Participates in negotiating business contracts in concert with the Marketing Leadership and Sales Team
- Build and maintain customer relationships; Organizes and conducts product presentations to customers; summarizing each visit on a call report and initiates an action plan if necessary
- Collaborates with R&D and manufacturing teams on product development efforts; maintain organization of development efforts through the Bemis Commercialization System (BCS) tool.
- Consistently demonstrates the Bemis Core Values and 3 E's (Energy, Empowerment, and Execution)
- Develop & Implement strategy for product promotions and collateral in conjunction with Bemis Market Communications group.
- Communication Skills - both oral and written.
- Four year degree with emphasis on marketing or business administration or related field
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in flexible packaging is desirable or equivalent level of experience outside flexible packaging in areas related to sales, marketing, and product development
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; stong Excel skills.
- Strategic Orientation - Adds value by prioritizing work that contributes to successful execution of strategies and plans, compares cost, benefits, obstacles and reward when making decision and using tools and methodologies to make strategic decisions
- Collaboration and Influencing - Listens to and considers other perspectives, needs, concerns and input when addressing critical needs; alerts others who are affected by his/her work when or before an issues arises, Demonstrates in all actions that individual differences are values and leveraged for competitive advantage; builds consensus and alignment around key objectives for the team
- Commercial Knowledge - Identifies opportunities in own area to contribute to the commercial success of the enterprise, applies financial assessment techniques to evaluate opportunities, looks beyond the number in making value creating decision, combining hard data and personal market insight