This job's application deadline has expired.
Bemis Company is a major supplier of flexible packaging and pressure sensitive materials used by leading food, consumer products, healthcare, and other companies worldwide. Founded in 1858, the Company is included in the S&P 500 index of stocks and with 2013 net sales of $5.0 billion, Bemis operates 67 facilities in 11 countries. Over two-thirds of Bemis packaging is used in the food industry, with the balance used in markets including medical, pharmaceutical, chemical and agribusiness. Our pressure sensitive products are used in industries including graphic arts, digital imaging, assembly engineering, communications and medical. Headquartered in Neenah, Wisconsin, Bemis employs nearly 19,000 individuals worldwide. More information about the Company is available at our website, www.bemis.com.
Leads the execution of purchasing functions within assigned facility. Includes the execution of purchases and purchasing projects for all indirect materials and services through Bemis global, national, or regional purchasing agreements or understandings.
- Assists with executing local procurement strategies, contracts, and supplier relationship management strategies in close collaboration with stakeholders and within the framework established by the Global Category Management Team
- Utilizes and optimizes the site requisition to payment and ordering process and procedures
- Leads and collaborates with peers and leaders to continuously improve processes in compliance with the Global Procurement infrastructure standards
- Sources and executes purchases for all indirect materials or services not otherwise contractually covered (local purchases, non-agreement purchases, unique materials)
- Coordinates RFQ process with suppliers and, working with supported sites, determines best total cost of ownership
- Leads supplier report carding effort and meets regularly to deliver results to suppliers
- Serves as liaison between Global Procurement and site leadership to ensure goal alignment
- Monitors and reviews pricing from suppliers
- Interfaces with other departments to help select appropriate materials or services
- Assists with resolving supply, pricing, quality, delivery, and any other issues with suppliers
- Identifies, evaluates, and reports cost take out opportunities, sharing relevant information with other buyers and Bemis Global Procurement associates.
- Initiates and collaborates with other purchasing agents to improve purchasing processes
- Performs administrative duties i.e. maintain files, records, and internal systems
- Provides back-up coverage for purchasing agents at other locations as needed
- Initiates, leads, and participates in special projects
- Demonstrates and fosters Bemis core values
- Views procurement from a wider perspective toward multi-site and initiates project work which contributes to cost take out objective
- Anticipates and plans for material shortages or service stoppages; troubleshoots supply problems; leads efforts to identify root cause and implement corrective action.
- Supports global and regional category management teams as needed (e.g., qualify local suppliers, data requirements, etc.)
- Bachelors degree in business related area strongly preferred.
- 5+ years experience in procurement, customer service, accounts payable, or inventory control is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated legendary service
- Uninterrupted and efficient flow of requested materials and services through utilization of lean processes and automation
- Build internal customer loyalty through positive engagement and service excellence
- Maintain processes, standards, and metrics to support the customer-centric organization
- Support technology and innovative service solutions to maintain an "ease of doing business" environment
- Partner with Operations/Supply Chain to ensure a world class customer experience
- Demonstrate and foster Bemis Core Values
- Results Orientation
- Attention to Communication
- Customer Orientation
- Building Collaborative Relationships
- Strong administrative and organizational skills to manage daily work requirements and service improvement initiatives
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disability and Vet Employer