Operations Planning Manager
Back to list
This job's application deadline has expired.
This individual has oversight for the location material management function including operations planning, storage, control and distribution of the materials and products to meet customer requirements in support of company objectives. Functions of the Planning Manager involve the direct supervision and administration of the production scheduling function, as well as oversight of the inventory control department.
- Deliver targeted inventory levels and service metrics.
- Manage daily production schedules of equipment through the use of reports and metrics to deliver against our committed customer service goals and optimize efficiency.
- Manage working capital through the use of reports, meetings, observations and personal contact with production staff to deliver against our committed customer service and inventory goals
- Ensure that a high degree of communication and coordination occurs between the planning organization, Technical, Manufacturing, Sales, Warehouse, Shipping and Customer Service.
- Coordinate & direct planning projects that drive improvements to meet plant goals.
- Recognize opportunities and develop programs to improve lead times, control conversion costs and form the link between efficient/effective operations and customer satisfaction.
- Coordinate strategies to support new business opportunities with Capacity Planning Managers.
- Demonstrates safety leadership by complying with all safety rules, policies, regulations and procedures. Encourages employee involvement in safety activities.
- Deliver applicable cost reductions year over year to improve the competitive position of the plant and hence the business through coordination with BPI/WCOM.
- Oversee the quality and quantity of work performed by the Operations Planning staff is compliant with applicable laws, regulations and procedures.
- Drive process improvements and standardizations required to increase efficiency and flexibility of the staff.
- Utilize Performance Management techniques in maximizing development.
- Be recognized as a leader of the site staff by providing leadership that will result in positive employee relations, teamwork, efficiency and product quality.
- Communicate company direction. Encourage employee participation to ensure positive working relationships between management and hourly workforce.
- Oversee employee training and the introduction of new technologies, programs and services. Develop new processes and programs as needed and where gaps exist.
- Develop and mentor employees, and facilitate the bench strength of the site Operations Planning team.
- Manages plant- specific value streams at the plant level.
- Represent the company and plant in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ensure department plans, policies, and procedures are consistent with the overall company goals and objectives.
- Bachelor's degree with a major in Business or Operations Management.
- Minimum 3-5 years Operations Planning experience
- Prior leadership/ supervisory/ management experience is required.
- Six Sigma training a plus.
- Knowledge of Bemis customers and service models, and in-depth
- Understanding of Bemis manufacturing processes.
- Possess qualities of self-motivation, confidence, organization, tact, persistence, common sense and a high energy level.
- Ability to quantify results, identify new opportunities, adapt to change, and interface with all levels of management on a continual basis.
- Must be a confident and adept decision maker and capable of making decisions with time and information constraints.
- Strong organizational, administrative, interpersonal and communication (both oral and written) skills.
- Employs a participative management style
- Proficient at a variety of software to provide insightful analysis. Examples include: SAP, Data3, Excel (macros, etc...), Business warehouse, PowerPoint.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disability and Vet Employer