This job's application deadline has expired.
Bemis Company is a major supplier of flexible packaging and pressure sensitive materials used by leading food, consumer products, healthcare, and other companies worldwide. Founded in 1858, the Company is included in the S&P 500 index of stocks and reported 2012 net sales of $5.1 billion. The Company's flexible packaging business has a strong technical base in polymer chemistry, film extrusion, coating and laminating, printing, and converting. Headquartered in Neenah, Wisconsin, Bemis employs nearly 20,000 individuals worldwide. More information about the Company is available at our website, www.bemis.com.
Human Resources Manager
Provides HR leadership and oversees all Human Resources functions for 450 employees at the Hazleton Plant facility. This includes union hourly manufacturing and plant office/salaried staff. Provides strategic direction to support business needs in the areas of talent, culture and operational excellence.
- Acts as a safety leader and puts safety first in all responsibilities.
- Supervises 4 full-time HR salaried staff members, including HR Supervisors, the HR Coordinator, and the Training Supervisor. Performs all aspects of Human Capital Management including Human Capital Planning, performance feedback, building organization capability, and salary planning.
- Develops and implements HR-related policies and procedures at the facility level. Oversees rollout and execution of Bemis HR-related policies, procedures and communications.
- Oversees all location labor relations functions including grievance processing, contract interpretation, effective union relationships and communications; Works with Bemis Legal/Labor relations on contract negotiations and escalated grievance processes.
- Ensures legal compliance on HR-related issues including ADA, EEO/AA, FMLA, Sarbanes-Oxley, FLSA, COBRA, and harassment.
- Oversees T&E pillar for WCOM (World Class Operations Management)
- Serves as a business partner to plant leadership with membership on the Plant Leadership Team.
- Oversees processing of facility hourly and salary payroll, vacation and attendance tracking.
- Handles all types of employee questions and issues including those regarding benefits, personnel policies and procedures, FMLA, personal issues, attendance, etc.
- Oversees hourly & salary recruitment & hiring processes-both internal and external hiring.
- Coordinates hourly and salaried staffing requirements with Department Managers and gains necessary approvals via the Position Vacancy process.
- Oversees execution of performance feedback and salary planning processes
- Oversees Human Capital Planning process and executes against action plans.
- Oversees benefits administration and open enrollment processing.
- Works with EHS Manager & Plant Manager to develop goals for hourly and plant salaried incentive programs (i.e. safety incentives and productivity incentives).
- Oversees administration of required HRIS transactions (terms, hires, transfers, etc.)
- Oversees and works employee recreational functions (i.e. company picnics, open houses, contests, etc.)
- Oversees Workers Compensation Cases and ensures effective case management.
- Reviews and approves responses to Unemployment Claims and testifies on behalf of the facility at UC hearings.
- Oversees EEO/AA administration for the facility.
- Develops and administers HR Department budget.
- Develops, submits for approval, and administers hourly pay increase and salaried budgeting processes.
- Oversees the administration of a variety of programs including: United Way, Foodshare, Service Award Program, Wellness and the Bemis Scholarship Program.
- Coaches facility leaders on handling employee issues.
- Works with HR Director and Bemis HR on development of job descriptions and proper salary grades and pay ranges for salaried positions.
- Oversees administration of Employee Engagement Survey administration, communication, action planning and progress against action plans.
- Actively participates in WCOM and leads teams as required.
Education and Experience
- A minimum of a 4-year degree in Human Resources Management or a closely related field.
- Masters level degree for HR certification preferred.
- 7+ years' experience in HR; experience working in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- 3-5 recent years' experience working with organized labor and labor contract administration.
- Trade journals.
- Completion of WCOM Foundations training, or a willingness to complete such training as required.
- Completion of Finance for Non-Financial Managers or any Bemis Business Acumen Curriculum, or a willingness to complete such training upon acceptance of this role.
- HR and industry-related seminars.
- Other HR professionals or organizations.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong business acumen, including the drivers of plant-level working capital, return on assets and operating profit.
- Experience with interpretation and administration of labor contracts.
- Good understanding of business process improvement processes and tools.
- Proven ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of legal issues and reporting related to Human Resources Management (i.e. FLSA, ADA, FMLA, COBRA, EEO/AA).
- Strong personal computer skills including Microsoft office;
- Experience is working with the functionality of HRIS, including reporting and queries.
- Strong HR Generalist knowledge, including labor relations.
Ensures Bemis Performance Packaging customers receive top quality products and service by ensuring that the facility has the best possible human resources available. This includes hiring and retaining the best quality workforce available in the most cost-effective manner. In addition, it requires responding to the needs of the HR Department's internal customers -- the employees of Bemis Performance Packaging.
Essential Physical Requirements
An employee in this position is required to constantly stand, walk and sit. In addition, this position requires considerable manual dexterity for use of computer keyboard and mouse. This position also requires frequent use of the telephone. Occasional travel is required with overnight stays.
Why choose Bemis?
- Stability! Bemis has remained stable even during our country's economic hardship. Stability means job security, competitive pay, bonuses, and advancement opportunities!
- Training and Development! We invest in you! We help you develop your skills to make you a greater asset. After all, our human capital is our most important resource.
- Values! We believe in doing the right thing because it is right. We are founded on our core values - Ethics, Innovation, Accountability, and Respect. Everything we do starts here.
- Safety! We pride ourselves in being one of the safest manufacturers in the country. We want our employees to go home in the same condition they arrived.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer