This job's application deadline has expired.
Bemis Company is a major supplier of flexible packaging and pressure sensitive materials used by leading food, consumer products, healthcare, and other companies worldwide. Founded in 1858, the Company is included in the S&P 500 index of stocks and reported 2012 net sales of $5.1 billion. The Company's flexible packaging business has a strong technical base in polymer chemistry, film extrusion, coating and laminating, printing, and converting. Headquartered in Neenah, Wisconsin, Bemis employs nearly 20,000 individuals worldwide. More information about the Company is available at http://www.bemis.com.
We currently have a Development Analyst opening at our corporate offices in Neenah, WI.
Development Analyst partners with technical functions and serves as a subject matter expert in one or more technical areas of the architecture, design, development, testing and ongoing support of custom solutions or business applications. Development Analyst has strong technical knowledge in development tools such as Microsoft .Net and solves complex business problems. Must be able to lead other team members through the entire application lifecycle to meet functional, technical and architectural requirements. Solutions developed must meet Service Level Agreement in a production environment. Development Analyst is able to lead large complex projects and provide leadership in the Software Life Cycle process and/or be a subject matter expert for a solution area or groups of applications. Leads charge for technical implications of current application technologies and participates in strategic initiatives.
- Leads discovering and documenting user requirements for large complex strategic Business Systems.
- Leads Architecting large complex software solutions using developed software components and core IT capabilities to meet documented and approved service requirements.
- Owns/Develops/Reviews technical specifications and development to conform to Bemis I.T. development standards and operate effectively in a production environment.
- Leads to ensure the architected solution meets scalability, availability and meets service level agreements in production.
- Leads/Participates in all phases and own applications including testing, training assistance, data conversion and validation including Go Live and Post Go Live activities.
- Owns and constructs deployment packages (installation software, database objects and conversion scripts, etc.) and adheres to source control policies of the organization.
- Leads/Works with other Information Technology team members to coordinate and facilitate the successful implementation of the custom application.
- 10-15 years of work experience in IT, including software development (SDLC) experience, ERP implementations
- Bachelors Degree required with an emphasis in Information Technology, MIS, Computer Science, Engineering. Master's degree preferred.
- Experience in business software development using Microsoft Development Tools, including Visual Studio, .NET Framework, MS SQL, Web Services. Expertise in ITIL Standards. Relevant Certifications desirable.
- Travel : 20-30%
- Pilot/Deploy large complex solutions
- Owns and maintains artifacts using SDLC process.
- Measures effectiveness of the solution and makes necessary adjustments before full deployment
- Adheres and improves established design and development estimates for submitted application enhancement requests
- Owns projects, applications and maintains small enhancements and assists in planning Releases.
- Provide second level help desk support for the Applications (includes on-call rotation).
- Ensures projects are on time, with quality and on budget
- Own and Execute application releases from design to deployment
- Leads Knowledge share and mentors technical knowledge among team members
**This position is being recruited for by an external source, Manpower Group.**
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer