Perfecseal New London Production Manager
Back to list
This job's application deadline has expired.
Bemis Company is a major supplier of flexible packaging and pressure sensitive materials used by leading food, consumer products, healthcare, and other companies worldwide. Founded in 1858, the Company is included in the S&P 500 index of stocks and reported 2012 net sales of $5.1 billion. The Company's flexible packaging business has a strong technical base in polymer chemistry, film extrusion, coating and laminating, printing, and converting. Headquartered in Neenah, Wisconsin, Bemis employs nearly 20,000 individuals worldwide. More information about the Company is available at our website, www.bemis.com.
- 1. Develops safety goals and responsibilities for all Shift Supervisors on an annual basis.
- 2. Participates in Incident Investigations.
- 3. Participates in all emergency response situations and drills within the plant and also assist other personnel in emergency situations.
- 4. Participates in periodic safety and housekeeping inspections of all manufacturing departments.
- 5. Establishes priorities with Perfecseal New London operation consistent with production needs.
- 6. Reviews and monitors all production, waste, and quality reports that are issued for the plant. Identifies problem areas and initiates proper action to resolve them.
- 7. Formulates necessary controls, procedures and operating plans to attain maximum efficiency and productivity.
- 8. Establishes effective coordination and communication of production schedule to reach 100% on-time, complete deliveries.
- 9. Reviews job performance of all salaried supervisors through timely, formal appraisals and day-to-day counseling.
- 10. Establishes productivity goals in conjunction with Supervisors and the Process Engineers.
- 11. Initiates the appropriate procedures and controls to assure a consistently high quality product, which meets specifications and customer requirements, as well as meeting company established waste goals.
- 12. Determines process limitations and established SOCs in conjunction with the Process Engineer.
- 13. Manages and motivates hourly employees through a supervisory staff in a manner consistent with a union controlled environment.
- 14. Establishes and maintains the necessary policies and controls to assure a safe and orderly work environment; administers plant safety and housekeeping programs.
- 15. Work with Quality Assurance to assure quality of all product produced. Develop corrective action as needed.
- 16. Knowledge of procedures, work instructions and associated forms as required.
Experience and Education
- 1. Minimum five years production supervisory experience is desirable.
- 2. A college degree with emphasis on a technical or business curriculum is desirable for this position. External and internal seminars in management, supervision, safety, quality, problem solving, or technical subjects are helpful.
Skills and Abilities
- 1. Basic knowledge of manufacturing techniques.
- 2. Effective problem solving skills.
- 3. Must have training in the basic skills of supervision and dealing with people.
- 4. Ability to effectively communicate in all written, verbal and interpersonal levels with all levels of the organization.
- 5. Goal oriented with the ability to meet tight deadlines related to detailed and complex situations.
- 6. Strong computer skills.