This job's application deadline has expired.
Bemis Company is a publicly-held (NYSE: BMS) multinational manufacturer of flexible packaging and pressure-sensitive materials headquartered in Neenah, Wisconsin. Founded in 1858, the company is included in the S&P 500 index of stocks and reported 2011 net sales of $5.3 billion. The company is the largest flexible packaging manufacturer in North and South America, with a growing presence in Europe and the Asia Pacific region. Bemis is also one of the top three producers of pressure sensitive materials in the world. Bemis employs over 20,000 people throughout North America, Europe, South America and Asia Pacific. The company has a strong record of growth through both core business development and acquisition. Headquartered in Neenah, Wisconsin, Bemis operates 81 manufacturing facilities in 13 countries around the world.
We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Specialist to join our team in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
- Demonstrates safety leadership by complying with all safety rules, policies, regulations and procedures; participating in safety programs, and encouraging employee involvement from all employees in all safety activities.
- Participates and Leads World Class Operations Management (WCOM) teams and projects to reduce set-ups and waste within the plant.
- Supports all written safety programs and safety training. Participates in incident investigations for all incidents, near misses, and property damage.
- Develops operating training procedures and standard work on set-ups, printing, slitting and extruding.
- Participates in training on various topics for new hire orientation.
- Participates in periodic safety and housekeeping inspections of all manufacturing departments.
- Assists production personnel with day to day manufacturing and quality issues, with specific focus on machine set-ups.
- Assists in training of employees in all departments.
- Assists in developing procedures, and in training production personnel on new procedures and new equipment.
- Helps to develop and implement plans for cost reduction, waste reduction, and operation improvement.
- Identifies specifications that routinely cause manufacturing or quality problems and works with R&D and Engineering to improve them.
- Assists production personnel and maintenance in recognizing and correcting unsafe conditions.
- Helps to establish and maintain Standard Operating Conditions for all production equipment.
- Monitors production schedules for upcoming projects and potential problems.
- Helps to determine the root cause(s) of waste/customer complaints. Helps to generate responses to customer complaints.
- Assists the Production Supervisors when needed.
- Covers Supervisor vacations as needed throughout the year.
- SAP key user for Production Execution. (Analyzes production order variances to determine root cause and corrective action.)
- Oversees the Production Issue reports for the plant metrics meeting.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 5 - 7 years of experience in a Bemis Company manufacturing location or similar converting operation. Exposure to blown film, printing and converting is desirable.
- Knowledge and understanding of all Perfecseal manufacturing processes.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated in determining the need for process improvement.
- Communication and interpersonal skills to interact with production personnel and management.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain several long and short term projects.
- Ability to react quickly and logically to manufacturing problems.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Basic understanding of ISO 9000.
- Ability to travel to other Bemis locations or to customer locations as necessary.
- Required to fill in for Production Supervisor when needed working 12-hour rotating shift.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER