This job's application deadline has expired.
Bemis Company is a major supplier of flexible packaging and pressure sensitive materials used by leading food, consumer products, healthcare, and other companies worldwide. Founded in 1858, the Company is included in the S&P 500 index of stocks and reported 2012 net sales of $5.1 billion. The Company's flexible packaging business has a strong technical base in polymer chemistry, film extrusion, coating and laminating, printing, and converting. Headquartered in Neenah, Wisconsin, Bemis employs nearly 20,000 individuals worldwide. More information about the Company is available at our website, www.bemis.com.
Supports delivery of the business plan by acting as the liaison between external customers and the Bemis organization regarding the processing, follow-up and expediting of all orders from initial placement to actual delivery.
- Acts as a safety leader and puts safety first in all responsibilities.
- Receives and processes customer orders while screening information for accuracy and completeness.
- Monitors customer orders/demand throughout the manufacturing process, advising Customers and Sales of any significant delays and provides alternatives to ensure customer expectations are fulfilled.
- Partners with Sales and Manufacturing to analyze customer requirements to develop and maintain customer-specific service programs / models.
- Initiates customer releases for all shipments and ensures all delivery dates are met. Coordinates the expediting of rush shipments and monitors their progress
- Assists with the management of customer graphics requirements.
- Supports and participates in departmental performance management initiatives.
- Proactively manages customer finished goods inventory to both service the customer and manage BPP Working Capital. This includes working with Sales Reps on customer inventory levels; inventory reporting; contacting customers, including contacting customers regarding their inventory levels; proactively working with customers to manage their inventory and products in inventory; proactively working toward vendor managed inventories with customers; balancing inventory levels with expected demand and lead times.
- Manages customer complaints and returned goods including documenting information on customer returns and complaints in the complaint system; identification of and notification of the proper parties regarding complaint details (i.e. Sales, Accounting, Product Development, Manufacturing); working with a team toward complaint resolution; working with expediting other orders to replace defective materials; working with Manufacturing on re-work situations and re-shipment of goods.
- Maintains information regarding customer profile, pricing and customer order status
- Cross-trains to become fully functional on the desks of team members and assist as workload would dictate.
- May lead projects and initiatives related to internal or external customers to continuously improve customer relations, customer service levels and BPP costs and working capital. These may include projects related to new items and graphics; cost take-out programs; vendor managed inventories and other inventory programs.
- Trains new team members in the customer service area.
- Actively participates in WCOM teams.
- Travels to company and customer facilities.
- Attends internal and external customer meetings as requested.
- Performs miscellaneous duties for projects and events as requested.
- A bachelor's degree in business or a related field and 3-5 years of successful performance in a fast paced work environment; OR an Associate's degree in a business-related field with a minimum 5 years of experience in progressively challenging and successful performance in equivalent work experience of a fast paced work environment or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Six Sigma yellow belt certification or WCOM Foundations completion or a willingness to gain such upon acceptance of this role
- Maintains professional appearance while demonstrating tact and confidentiality.
- Maintains positive relationships within a team environment.
- Maintains positive customer relationships
- Maintains a flexible attitude.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Maintains workstation to standards
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Strong communication skills - verbal, written and effective listening.
- Strong analytical thinking with results driven problem solving skills.
- Basic technical knowledge of products and manufacturing processes.
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Ability to work in multiple operating platforms as required (ie. SAP and DATA3)
- Basic knowledge of WCOM
- Basic level of Business Acumen, including basic knowledge of the drivers of working capital , return onf sales, return on assets and operating profit.
While there is no direct responsibility for major assets or operations in the position, a considerable impact can be made on sales volume and customer relations through the effective coordination and expediting of customers' orders through the manufacturing process.
Essential Physical Requirements
Most working hours are spent in an office environment although visits to the customer's location and other Bemis facilities may be necessary on an as needed basis. The physical requirements are representative of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations. An employee in this position requires considerable manual dexterity for use of the computer keyboard and mouse.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer