Back to list
This job's application deadline has expired.
- Implements purchases for all indirect MRO materials, contract services and divisional headquarters through existing Bemis global, national or regional purchasing agreements or understandings.
- Establishes and implements local supply purchases or agreements for all materials or services not otherwise contractually covered (local buys, non-agreement buys, unique materials).
- Negotiates prices, rebates, terms, etc. for materials or services and assists the plant personnel with other purchasing areas.
- Provides contract administration for all plant service contracts following Bemis guidelines.
- Provides direction and assistance to purchasing expeditors.
- Supports the internal purchasing systems (AMMS) and standard purchasing procedures.
- Interfaces with other departments to help select appropriate materials or services.
- Resolves supply, pricing, quality, delivery and any other issues with local suppliers.
- Creates, evaluates and reports cost take out opportunities.
- Develops supplier relations and coordinates meetings. Acts as the communication link between the Bemis plant and the local suppliers.
- Monitors local supply trends, and communicates as necessary with Bemis Global Sourcing. Trends include plant supply and demand, supplier capacities, supplier conditions, etc.
- Anticipates and plans for material shortages or service stoppages. Troubleshoots supply problems.
- Monitors and reviews pricing from suppliers.
- Communicates with other Bemis Authorized Purchasing Agents in order to share information to improve purchasing processes.
- Performs administrative duties as required, i.e., maintain files, records and internal systems.
- Four-year degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of formal education and work experience is required.
- Minimum of three years experience in purchasing or a related field is desirable.
- Relevant courses, seminars, workshops, online learning, including ISM courses to become an Authorized Purchasing Agent.
- Knowledge of the internal purchasing and inventory computer systems and the ability to generate reports and queries (AMMS).
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook) and the ability to create reports and queries.
- Excellent organizational, administrative, oral and written communication skills.
- Requires strong mathematical aptitude.
- Experience in purchasing or customer service setting and handling confidential information is desirable.