Bemis Company is a major supplier of flexible packaging and pressure sensitive materials used by leading food, consumer products, healthcare, and other companies worldwide. Founded in 1858, the Company is included in the S&P 500 index of stocks and with 2013 net sales of $5.0 billion; Bemis operates 67 facilities in 11 countries. Over two-thirds of Bemis packaging is used in the food industry, with the balance used in markets including medical, pharmaceutical, chemical and agribusiness. Our pressure sensitive products are used in industries including graphic arts, digital imaging, assembly engineering, communications and medical. Headquartered in Neenah, Wisconsin, Bemis employs nearly 19,000 individuals worldwide. More information about the Company is available at our websites, www.bemis.com and www.mactac.com.
Purpose/Scope of Position:
Develop revenue at identified strategic target customers and adjacent customers, markets & geographies for direct sales Roll Label, Technical, and Specialty businesses.
Research and validate identified strategic target customers, potential new customers and markets for MACtac/Bemis to leverage existing technologies for profitable growth. This is a combination role of target account development and front-end market development into customers not previously explored by MACtac/Bemis and includes developing relationships with prospective customers. Includes strategic partnering with industry consultants to gain knowledge from other industry participants. It will include close coordination with key Global Bemis personnel, both internal and external to MACtac Division to include Marketing, Sales, Operations and R&D.
- Develop revenue at identified strategic, target customers working with the Outside and Inside Sales Teams.
- Research and quantify new customers, markets and/or channels for Roll Label, Technical, and Specialty products.
- Develop strong relationships with National Accounts and suppliers to identify sales opportunities for Roll Label, Technical, and Specialty products.
- Coordinate customer prospecting and market development in global regions with MACtac Europe and MACtac Mexico.
- Summarize market size, competitive landscape and future opportunities. Develop an understanding of the market structure (size, growth, trends, value chain, customer prospects, competitors, and market share).
- Monitor business trends that will lead to new market(s) for Roll Label, Technical, and Specialty products.
- Develop a strategic market plan and value proposition to engage with prospects that purchase Roll Label, Technical, and Specialty products and may be unfamiliar with MACtac products and services.
- Create and deliver formal customer presentations which demonstrate the MACtac/Bemis value proposition.
- Shepherd prospects towards commercial trials and gain initial business win before handoff.
- Assist in facilitating technical direction for new products through both internal development teams and external suppliers.
- Evaluate resource priorities and expenses allocated for product development, establish specific objectives and monitor progress toward those objectives.
- Participate in the development of business plans.
- Attend association and supplier meetings to represent and present MACtac/Bemis Co.
- Engage in trade show presentations presenting MACtac/Bemis Co.
- Secure MACtac's position in trade shows with other Bemis Div. and suppliers.
- Create monthly reports and bowling charts to track progress.
- When problems develop, assist and support others by providing leadership, direction and final resolution / solution to the problem at hand.
- Proactively challenges the status quo.
- Maintain technical competency and remain current in technology and changes in the industry.
Education & Experience Required
- A Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university
- A minimum of 5 - 7 years successful sales experience, including progressively responsible commercial, sales, marketing & business planning experience as well as business-to-business direct sales experience
- Experience in a leading large projects
- Proven experience in developing business plans
- Experience in interacting with senior leadership internally and externally
- Valid travel documentation
Skills & Abilities Needed
- Must possess a natural entrepreneurial mindset and an ability to envision business opportunities to combine with results orientation in delivering increased profitability.
- Collaboration and influence skills with ability to focus on long-term cycles in business development and strengths to handle many roadblocks.
- Proven experience in running focus teams for new product/market launches with ability to continuously expand market knowledge.
- Strong strategic orientation and successful experience with developing business plans that clearly articulate value proposition.
- Good leadership, management, motivational, planning, organizational and administrative skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Essential Physical Requirements:
Up to 75% travel. Balance of time in an office environment. Requires both in office and remote computer usage and includes moderate exposure to many manufacturing environments.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disability and Vet Employer